Monday 9 May 2011

Diary Entry - Day 2, The Place CAT Student Esther Goldsmith , Monday 18th April 2011

Like all dancers, I woke up bruised, and aching in every muscle. And like all dancers, I gritted my teeth and got on with the task at hand. Although we were all feeling it, none of us wanted to look sloppy in front of each other, or in front of Danny, so we pushed ourselves to re-learn, clean and perfect the phrases we’d been taught the previous day. Having to quickly work out what I was supposed to be doing, I got to know the people from Laban CAT better, and together we performed the first section of the piece over and over, with each repetition modified slightly by Danny. It soon began to feel exciting, and hopefully it looked as good as it felt to do. The prospect of dancing at Sadler’s Wells, being on the stage that I have watched many a professional dance on, has begun to hit me - I just hope I can remember the choreography for the next rehearsals! 




Photo: Gigi Giannella

No comments:

Post a Comment