Monday 9 May 2011

Diary Entry - Day 2, Laban CAT Student Vivienne West, Monday 18th April 2011

Our second rehearsal was as productive as our first and it was evident from me and our group of young dancers of how much more we understood about the dance piece itself, but also the movement, the quality of performance and the relationship between the group and Daniel, our teacher. As we had met previously and now knew each other, I felt that the group worked more closely as a team and there was even more of a hardworking and enjoyable atmosphere throughout the day. This element of teamwork of the process I really enjoyed and once again I was quite surprised of how much we completed. We recapped the movement phrases we learnt on our first meeting and defined details, counts and performance and began to compose and set the piece. This took some time, however I have always really enjoyed the setting process as I find it very exciting. We achieved a lot and Daniel seemed to be very proud of our work from this second meeting.



Photo: Gigi Giannella

No comments:

Post a Comment